Spa and thalasso facilities
The Design and construction of thermal pools and thalasso facilities
BSR, a CEMI Network company, designs and builds Spa and thalasso facilities and pools, as well as a wide range of accessories for relaxation specifically designed to be inserted in elegant and 'zen' locations. We are able to take on any thermal pool project, using the best materials to create whirlpools for swimming pools, water jets, cervical waterfalls and vascular circuits, capable of giving customers an unmatched wellness experience.
The architects, engineers and Spas that rely on us can leverage our over 50 years' experience through meticulous planning and design work which reduces management and energy and water consumption costs, and offers automated management of the filtration processes and facility operation. In particular, washing the filters requires a small amount of wastewater, with the possibility of using irrigation.
When you choose us, we are with you every step of the way: from design to implementation, including after-sales assistance and services.
In recent years, the demand for thalassotherapy and salt water pools has grown considerably. BSR has always been in line with the latest market trends and has invested many resources in the research and development of these particular beneficial treatments. Thalassotherapy is perhaps the oldest hydrotherapy treatment in history. It bases its beneficial action on the iodine-rich marine climate, performing a rebalancing action on the body. The sea water swimming pool plays a very important role in wellness centers, thanks to its potential curative and rehabilitative properties.
The design of thalasso pools is technically very demanding. From the sea water intake system, through to filtration and disposal: the whole process is bound by specific regulations and precise technological requirements. Over the years we have built thalasso pools in Italy and around the world. Among the prominent projects are the Grado Thermal Baths, the Portorose Salt Baths and Sofitel Thalassa Alger Sea & Spa in Algeria, an 80,000 sqm facility that offers multiple services using the benefits of the salt water from the Mediterranean Sea.
CEMI Network specializes in the implementation of projects related to thalasso treatments:
- Pool: this treatment offers automatic or manual hydromassages in a pool filled with a warm therapeutic solution. For a more intense relaxation experience, seaweed, mud or essential oils can also be added.
- Affusion shower: also known as a Vichy shower, it uses micro-showers to provide a gentle hydromassage that promotes circulation, reduces hypertension and purifies the skin.
- Jet shower: the pressure of the water that is projected onto the entire body reduces muscle tension and helps the nervous system, generating an intense feeling of physical and mental relaxation. The treatment is also ideal to combat cellulite and remove toxins.
- Body wrapping: an aesthetic treatment where the body is covered with algae or other materials. The result is a detoxifying effect for the skin and an improvement in metabolism and the immune system.
Hydromassage solutions for swimming pools
BSR is involved in the construction of thermal pools equipped with ergonomic and innovative hydromassage solutions, including:
- Hydromassage beds for swimming pools: we create ergonomic air or water hydromassage stations, to offer maximum relaxation in a relaxed position. The swirl of bubbles generated by the water or the air massages the tissues giving a pleasant feeling of relaxation.
- Classic and rehabilitative whirlpool: we offer stations in a seated position with lumbar and plantar hydromassages and vertical hydromassage stations positioned on the wall. The adjustable water jets for swimming pools offer more vigorous massages: if positioned at the right height, they become ideal for rehabilitation therapies.
- Dynamic whirlpool: an innovative technology capable of massaging the entire back with a vertical movement, which offers the possibility of deciding in which specific area to concentrate the massage.
BSR creates pool waterfalls positioned on the edge of the pool, inside islands or hidden in the landscape, which can produce different jets of water: a veil of water, a linear water blade, a comb jet or a nail jet.
Counter-current swimming pools
Counter-current pools are a circuit designed for walking against the current safely inside the pool. A high-flow nozzle pushes the water against the user's direction, producing an invigorating stream of water.
The vascular circuit in the Spa is a circuit that houses a whirlpool system on the side walls which massages the lower limbs, toning the tissues. We create two types of vascular programs: built into the pool (usually at a constant temperature) or separate (hot-cold version). In addition to the beneficial movement of the water given by the whirlpool, the latter type constricts and dilates the blood vessels, determined by the difference in water temperature.
The effervescent pool provides a full massage that starts from the feet and reaches the whole body. The vigorous air bubbles are released from a nozzle placed at the bottom of the pool and are concentrated and contained by the particular circular shape of the massaging station. The handles allow the user to support themselves throughout the massage. BSR make different effervescent pool variants from standing to seated positions.
Thermal pool: energy saving and compliance with regulations
BSR considers energy and economic savings a priority when it comes to the design and construction of thermal pools. Using automation in these systems makes it possible to simply control pool filtering, setting the times and operation of the valves that manage the filtration, backwashing, rinsing and draining stages. When building a swimming pool it is also essential to respect the relevant legislation on the pools at the spa facilities. We pay great attention to this during the design and construction phases, using technical equipment and components with performance characteristics suitable for each specific use.
From this point of view, engineers and architects will be happy to know that their future projects with us will have high quality standards, ensured by our over fifty years of experience, where we have built thalasso pools in Italy and around the world.